One of the most common things I hear is that people don't have time to exercise or do yoga. They blame their careers, children and partners. And there are times when this is true, sometimes life is chaotic. But if this is your everyday life for years, it is time to stop and take stock.
The old story is that you must fill your cup before filling others. When you burn out or suffer from ill health, who's going to replace you.
It's hard to find the time but here are a few suggestions that might help.
1) Get up a bit early, in order to fit your workouts in. Turn yourself into a morning person, it's a bit of "me time" before the family gets up. This may mean going to bed a bit earlier, and make take time. But you may just fall in love with those early quiet mornings.
2) Book me time in your calendar. Schedule your workouts and then book around them. You are important and need exercise to feel optimal. Energy creates energy. Soon you won't be tired all the time.
3) Say no sometimes. Just say you are busy, a workout is pre-schedule event, so don't let anyone steal that time for you.
4) Find what you love and just do it. I love to run. What do you love to do ? Find your thing. You don't hate exercise you hate what you've tried. Hike, yoga, walk, lift, cycle, dance, etc...
5) Set a goal whether that be a race, a pose, weight loss or just feeling better. Track your progress and share it with others. You are setting an example for your family. Children learn by seeing. What do they see you doing ?
6) Hire a personal trainer they are your cheerleader. Paying money helps motivate you to show up. Showing up is the key to success.
When you are ready we are here for you call Sheree @ (905) 620-1151 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Sheree Nicholson is the owner of Live With Spirit Yoga & Fitness. She holds advanced certifications in Yoga, is a Personal Trainer, Plant Based athlete and Pilates instructor. She is an avid trail runner and just complete a 26k trail race in Haliburton Forest, Ontario's most difficult race.